Thursday, May 14, 2015

2015-1-18


HELLO!!! 안녕하세요

Okay this week was really good we hit must of our goals this week! WHOOT WHOOT! Yeah that is what missionaries get excited about! So last P-day we just stayed inside and watched a movie with Sister Holt and Sister Hurst. They live super close so we see them a lot!
 And also later that night we had a lesson with one of our investigators (조하니)at our member's house. Okay, let me just tell you this old couple is so faithful but... they can be a little 부담 which is like pressure or burden. I don't know how to explain it. It has a different expression in Korean. But they first stared off with a OOOOLLLLLDDD church video and then we ate and they were asking here the weirdest questions. It was kind of strange. Then after that we watched another OLD video for 30 minutes. This investigator though was really strong about it and took it well. They were asking her what is keeping her from baptism and and she is worried about keeping the Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity in the future. She is keeping it now but she is worried for the future. Our members told about their experiences and with work. It went really well. But, it is hard to explain they are just a little too bold at times ㅎㅎㅎㅎ

So we are hoping that will have a baptism in February for her. I am really excited. We also have another investigator (이지선) and she is really good. She is just having a hard time with her beliefs about Joseph Smith. She keeps wondering why it had to be him. She said she has been praying about him but she hasn't received an answer. We explained to her that sometimes we don't get answer immediately and in the way we think we will get them. Sometimes we have to study for a long time until we know for sure. Like I didn't know for sure everything was true until I was in High School and I actually tried to know for myself and not from my parent's testimony. I grew up in the church but I think back and I just relied on my parent's testimony but because I strived to do what is right and had a desire to know for myself I received that answer. We have to put in our part. Like continiously going to church and not sleeping in. Reading and Praying everyday even if we are tired and "we don't have time". Honestly we always have time. The time we are spending on our phones or watching TV we could do 5 minutes of reading our scriptures. All it takes is 5 minutes. I study for an hour or up to 3 hours. I know you can do it. 
The other hard part about teaching her is she doesn't understand our Korean and she understand our English better but not quite. She is has been living in Canada for awhile and the Korean there is a little different so we don't know quite how to teach her but she is slowly understanding us. Last night, she said it was the first time that she had felt this "spiritual feeling" and that is really good!! :)

This week we also had Zone Conference. We were combined with two zones. It was a really good training. The President and his wife came and trained us, We talked about Stewardship. I think that is really important to have this quality in our lives. Stewardship means to be reliable to be responsible. As members of the church we must continue be able to have this quality so that God can trust us with any kind of work he has in stored for us. I think that I haven't really had that so this next week I am going to be reliable. During our Companionship Inventory I came up with the 3 P's:
Proactive
Punctual
Positive

I am really slacking on these things and I can't do anything alone so I would ask that you try to try to have missionary opportunities and to use these 3 P's. I will follow up with it because that is what I do is I ---> Follow up, Teach, and Give a commitment ( should count this email as a lesson) haha but please help me do this! :)

Okay well that is it for this week. The Quote of the week is:

"Oh, SWEET MOSES!' - Sister Stastny

I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week! I pray for you always!! 

Sister Leavitt


(the reason I am emailing so early is because we are going to President's house. Sister Morrise is have a Sisters Day. It should be really fun)

Thursday Basketball


No comments: