Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27, 2014

HELLO FAMILY!!

Okay things are going super good here in the Seoul Hood, haha.. Okay So let's see what happened this week.

Last Tuesday we had a zone conference and we talked a lot about setting/keeping goals and A LOT about relying, recognizing, and feeling the Holy Ghost. I just want to first say that not only missionaries have to rely on the holy ghost everyone at home should also be doing their part of trying to feel the spirit in their lives. For some reason it has been really hard for me to recognize what the spirit is prompting me to do. I can definitely feel but sometimes I don't know what it wants me to do. So In the next few days I am going to try to pray hard to feel it, search scriptures to apply it, bear my testimony, share experiences with people so that they can relate to it, and lastly express love to the Lord and to people around you. In lessons especially it is extremely hard to do theses things because I am not even close to knowing what the language is (sometimes I think I have gotten worse, but I keep trying) but I promise that even not in lessons and you express these things to people they can know for themselves the things you believe. This will help you bring the spirit into the home, school, work.. So my suggestion to you is to try to bring the spirit where every you go. It requires a lot of work. Pray often and show your love to the people around you. So I am going to ask you all in a week how you have done this and I better get a response back haha. I don't write this stuff for fun because honestly my hand is crmaping up write now so please try this next week to be a better example of the believers. We also had this Fireside last night (which was in half Korean half English because everything was translated depending on the speaker) talking about media. I know we hear it a lot but we have to spread the word of the gospel because I think we would be wasting our time on earth. "The worth of Souls is great in the sight of God" So just think about that okay... Facebook anything that Christ would post, ( I am not sure if that is appropriate to say haha but just pretend) Tweet uplifting gospel quotes, Instagram a picture of service.. I don't know you all have brains use them for good! haha seriously though what good have you done today? Elder Whiting (of the quorum of the 70) talked in our English branch yesterday and fireside and he talked about sacrifice. What must we sacrifice in order to become the men and women god would want us to be... Do something differently in the next week. I am going to check up on you all so... DO IT! Please :)

So let me just tell you what I have experience so far since I have been here. I have eaten octopus jerky, lots and lots of rice (hopefully my stomach doesn't explode) lots of different spicy soups. My trainer Sister Kim cooks us Korean lunch everyday so hopefully I will pick up from her.

That's me in my 2 Week. Everything is good so far.Pray for me! I pray for all of you! Love you all! Remember God loves you!

Sister Leavitt

레벳 저매 (ohh yeah a lot of people call me sister rabbit because Koreans can't say certain letters so that is one of my names 토끼  or 이 하나 (lee hanna) which is very korean name)

No comments: